Export DBF to JSON
Manual exporting of DBF to JSON from GUI
To export DBF to JSON manually, run DBF Viewer 2000. Then, open the DBF file you want to convert using the File | Open menu.
Select File | Save as/Export menu, and select JSON as a file type.
The export dialog box opens. Select the fields of the original DBF file you want to export and specify their order using the up and down arrows.
You can adjust a number of options too:
- Open after export is done. If enabled, the resulting JSON file will be opened automatically in the associated application.
- Save only file structure. This option allows you to ignore all data stored in the DBF, and to export only its header structure.
- Skip deleted records. If enabled, the program will not export DBF records that are marked as deleted.
- Export fields names. If on, field names are exported to JSON too.
- Reverse order. Enable this option to export records of the original DBF file in the reverse order, from bottom to top.
- Use records range. This option allows you to limit exporting with a certain range of records.
- Set filter. Click this button to bring up the filtering dialog. This allows you to export from DBF to JSON only those records that match the filter conditions.
DBF to JSON Command Line
"c:\Program Files (x86)\DBF Viewer 2000\dbview.exe" file.dbf /EXPORT:file.json [/FILTER | /WFILTER | /REVERSE | /COLUMNS | /FROMRECORD | /SORTBY:field]
"c:\Program Files (x86)\DBF Viewer 2000\dbview.exe" sample.dbf /EXPORT:sample.json
Export in reverse mode
"c:\Program Files (x86)\DBF Viewer 2000\dbview.exe" sample.dbf /EXPORT:sample.json /REVERSE
Export with selected columns
"c:\Program Files (x86)\DBF Viewer 2000\dbview.exe" sample.dbf /EXPORT:sample.json /COLUMNS:ADDR,ID,NAME
Export with Sorting
"c:\Program Files (x86)\DBF Viewer 2000\dbview.exe" sample.dbf /EXPORT:sample.json /SORTBY:NAME